Saturday, April 16, 2005

What Defines Me



Had a sobering conversation today with an army pal - about the meaningfulness of life on earth. He asked, if we have Jesus in us (us both being Christians) and yet we question the purpose of our lives, what about others?

Yes, the monotony of work-life has finally gotten to me. I did read an HBS interesting article which posed a simple question "What was the best day at work you've had in the past three months?". But as a colleague pointed out, it's hardly encouraging.

So, I ask, what defines me? Definitely not material possessions nor social status, though I can't deny that I am very much aware of the lack of these things in my life. Neither should be defined by my job scope, yet I am very much affected by it.

I don't think I can articulate who I am, though I do know myself.

Anyway... just rambling on a sleeping Friday night.

No comments: