Sunday, June 05, 2005

Les Invasions Barbares


The Barbarian Invasions (2003)
Directed by Denys Arcand


From BBC: Warm, wise and witty, The Barbarian Invasions is a beautiful film. A sequel to writer-director Denys Arcand's barbed relationships comedy The Decline Of The American Empire, it finds its frank and funny French-Canadian friends 15 years older, reunited at the bedside of the terminally ill Remy (Rémy Girard). His estranged son (Stéphane Rousseau) is also on hand - a city broker who finds it hard to forgive his philandering father. This sounds serious but it's never sombre, with chuckles to match tears, jokes jostling with acidic observations on mankind's "history of horrors".



Essentially, a dramedy cum social commentary about... life, in general :)

Yesterday at cellgroup, it was getting stuffy, so I got onto the sofa to open the grill-less sliding windows.

"Hey, be careful yeah??" Someone behind yelled.

Peering down 7 storeys, I suddenly realized how precarious a position I was in and quickly retreated to a safer height.

The guy continued, "A friend's friend was spitting out the window and the next thing my friend saw were his legs outside the window."

I wonder, in those few seconds, what would my thoughts be? Would I scream and whose name would I scream?

Pardon the morbidity.

No comments: