Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lunchtime Musing

For Lunch: Telok Blangah Cresent Tauhu Goreng & Lime Drink with Shaved Ice --> BAGUS!



On a whim, I brought my Tchai 4th CD to work today and was listening to it. Bad move, was v. distracting and worse, it dug up memories of an NUSSO concert where we played that symphony with Rachmaninov 2nd piano concerto.

Goose bumps upon goose bumps later (thanks to Wiener Phil under Karajan NOT NUSSO), I was seriously contemplating the possibility of picking up the horn again. "How? When? Where?" were the immediate questions tt arose. Once again, it all boiled back to tt million dollar question: how much do I love the horn and music-making?

I was into my final year at NUS and if I remember correctly, it was my last big bang concert to oversee as president. Oh yes, pitching high notes at fortissimo while fretting the small stuff and dealing with a gamut of organizational problems - it's all coming back to me. Had to play a solo in Tchai which didn't sound too great. For some reason, we placed so much emphasis on mastering the symphony - our showpiece - and neglected the concerto and it was in fact the soloist's fame which drew the crowd that night.

Well, all's done and over with, hardly in touch with anyone from NUSSO.

No comments: