Saturday, December 03, 2005

Wohoho

Been asking ppl their plans for Christmas this year: "the usual lor", "no plans yet", "drinking party!"

With each passing year, the signature tolls of Christmas bells and singing sleigh bells are increasingly muted by cynical snorts at countless Festive adverts while lamenting how that "magic in the air" has been replaced with wanton commercialization.

But there is something special about Christmas, and it's not about shopping sprees or great food (turducken sounds bizarre tho) or parties galore... or big exciting church celebrations even... But I'll spare you the lengthy exposition (and myself mind-wracking on a saturday morning).

This year I just want to celebrate 2 things:

One, family & friends. For shaping me into who I am today. For fun, peace, laughter, tears & joy.

Two, Christ. For that great gift of love to mankind.

Oh yes, in come the detractors who point out tt the real Christmas wasn't in December.

Whatever. Charles Dickens wrote in A Christmas Carol, "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." Well written.

No comments: