Sunday, March 26, 2006

Heaven is Real



"The Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless." (NIV) Psalm 84:11
One of the challenges I face as a Christian is sharing with others God's place in my life. After all, I'd be talking about someone who's invisible and scientifically unproven. But it's hard to keep good news to oneself. So just bear with me :)

Last thursday, I had a revelation: everything I do on earth is in preparation for the life after. It's not the first time I've heard this point being made, but somehow that night, it sank deep and true into me. Even the work that I do as a civil servant pushing pen and paper is somehow gearing me up for eternity.

Come friday, I awoke to what seemed like a most beautiful and cheery day :D

Though stress at work is high and challenges are demanding of late, I'm standing on solid ground, filled with an immense sense of confidence. It's difficult to break that down; all I say is, God is good.

No comments: