Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Day Night Quickies



Quickie blog posts, that is. Round-up of week past:

The tao of work

Been manageably busy, with work straddling 2 related domains. Told some that work is busy boring (as opposed to boring boring), but upon re-consideration, that's not entirely fair. Pushing paper may not be glam, but it does require a certain mental agility to achieve dictated aims.

Most importantly, am reminding myself that my first calling is not IT or running my own business but unto God. That said, keeping the right perspective's a daily effort.



Faith, the substance of things hoped for

Been reading Lee Strobel's book, the Case for Faith which tackles philosophical questions such as "If God is love, then what about all the suffering in our world?" and whether it's possible to believe in both miracles and science.

Interim take-away: it is through life's vicissitudes that people build faith and knowledge about Him.

Getting married

Caught up with a few army pals today, apparently 1 of the guys has ROM-ed and is due to drop the red bomb soon. Am glad for him, of course. Just that it begs the question when it's gonna be my turn. Mom hasn't been pressuring me, thankfully. Have realized that I don't take well to teasing 'cept haven't figured out why.

"Sir, you're not young anymore."

Enquiring about multi-vits for men, I asked which age group the product caters too as "I'm still young, only 27."

Sales asst: "Sir, you're not young anymore."

*near-bawl*

Small feet

Went shopping today, but was another failed attempt at buying the perfect shoe. I think I'm a terrible shopper.


Au Revoir Simone: Verses of Comfort, Assurance & Salvation

Discovered a couple of beautiful synth-pop tracks off Pitchfork, do have a listen. Musical tastes being so diverse though, it's always good to keep an open mind.

No comments: