Thursday, September 28, 2006

Belief






On this day-off, I trekked down to Waterloo St to check out some of the SG Biennale exhibits. Namely, the ones at Sculture Square, Church of Sts Peter and Paul, St Joseph's Church, Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple and Sri Krishnan Temple.

What was interesting, I thought, was the interplay between artwork and the religious scene - esp. at the Kwan Im temple and at the Sri Krishnan temple. A tad contrived, but point taken anyway. At the churches, was more interested in the chapels than the art installations. Pity huh?



Now all piqued and provoked, I trooped down to National Library to catch the The World Press Photo Exhibition 2006 (before it ends shortly this week). Soon enough, this ignoramus found himself staring at vivid potrayals of major events around the world. From tragic hardship to heartfelt grief to death en masse... struck by it all, my tears were almost coming. This came to mind: "For God so loved the world..."

Alright, enough visual, mental & emotional stimulation for a day.

Oh btw, I flunked my SBJ - again.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

heya its ok u'll do better the next time~