Saturday, December 30, 2006

Thanksgiving

Boy at Play

Better is the end of a thing than the beginning of it...
Ecclesiastes 7:8
Was reminded during cellgroup that one should thank God for every little possible thing. So often I find myself struggling with negative thoughts - be it financial lack, pressures at work, inner lethargy, or the lack of romance - only to end those days feeling downtrodden and unaccomplished.

*WHAT DO I HOPE FOR?* was what I scribbled down. With 2 days left to the year, I truly have to answer this important question and as I do so, to determine to end the year in hope and faith.

An important question to ask next is *WHAT WILL I DO DIFFERENTLY?* As I matured, I began to recognize the flaws and idiosyncrasies of people around, especially my parents. But while it is easy to point out flawed or habitual thinking, now I tend to reflect first about my own self before speaking.

Change is neither automatic nor easy - such a cliche, but ever so true. Especially in renewing one's mind.

No comments: