Friday, April 06, 2007

Light in the Dark






And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
2 Peter 1:19


Standing near the water's edge, I savoured the light sea breeze. I could see a lone sailboat with a bright pink sail, probably launched off from the nearby sailing club. Open seas, that's what I saw. Nary a landmark, except for a bright yellow buoy.

"I don't know where God's leading me but I've faith that it'll be good," shared my ministry mate. Of late, I've wondered about identity, and now, purpose. Who am I, where am I going... why why why? I almost sound like a teen.

It's not how good you are, but how good you want to be - this book title from our church bookstore certainly caught my eye. Perhaps it's time to re-evaluate again.

1 comment:

a cheerful star said...

sounds like me. lolz...