Sunday, July 22, 2007

Run, Watch, Sing



Did the Mizuno Wave Run today. The 10km run itself was a cool but muddy affair, owing to the early morning downpour. Pity because runners were more intent on avoiding puddles than enjoying the peaceful serenity at Bedok reservoir. Race management was disappointingly lacking (see readworthy takes by other bloggers: ShaunChng.com & Conflake).

Had a satisfying run nonetheless, though fitness level has dipped significantly (woe is me as insidious IPPT draws near). About 8,000 runners showed up - an encouraging sign that running figures in many S'poreans' lifestyles, i.e. I am not alone :)

The older bro instinct in me kept me looking out for my little bro. Was impressed that he kept a constant pace all the way - congrats, friend!

Midway, a song sprang up within:

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus
I'm sorry, Lord, for the thing I've made it
When it's all about You,
It's all about You, Jesus

I'll bring You more than a song,
More than a song
You're looking into my heart,
Into my heart

No comments: