Sunday, September 09, 2007

Life Without Limits



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
It was an inspiring encounter last night with Nick Vujicic, a 25yo Australian born without arms and legs. Even as my mom recovers from her hysterectomy, his life story really assured me that God has a greater purpose for me, my mom, and my family.

Nick's message: Victory is promised even when God doesn't change one's circumstances.

Him and children: I think I was asked by a little boy, "But how do you tie up your shoelaces?" I'd get some kids brave enough to look up my sleeves and asking me where I'm hiding my arms.

His struggle: There were times when I felt depressed and angry because I couldn't change the way I was... I went to Sunday School and learned that God loves us all and that He cares for you... I didn't understand that if God loved me why did He make me like this? Is it because I did something wrong? ...I wanted to end my pain and end my life at a young age...

No comments: