Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Teary Weekend



No one has greater love... than to lay down... his own life for his friends.
John 15:13 (Amp)


Good Friday - Jesus died and buried.

Watching Him inexorably dragging the heavy cross to Calvary, Roman soldiers mocking and reviling, followers pleading and crying... It's more than a moving sight; even my 4th viewing didn't keep the tears from welling up.

Why this way, God? popped into my mind. Why such a tragic and wretched way to go?

I've never experienced the deep stab of betrayal or unbearable loss of loved ones. And how painful memories can keep one from letting go.

But I've suffered pains of my own and thankfully have given it all to Him.

Easter Sunday - Jesus resurrected and risen.

A new life, newfound self and renewed purpose.

Thank God for His grace and mercy!

No comments: