Friday, March 12, 2010

Who or what occupies your sights...ears...heart?



Attended cousin's funeral wake last night. A cousin I've not seen since little, i.e. when a house seemed imposing enough to play hide&seek. An odd feeling indeed, yet family all the same.

Awoke today to ask myself where do I want to be in 10 years time? Shared this with a colleague during lunch and he told me about his poly friend who long decided to be a pastor and is now en route towards his dream. How admirable.

I thought about this and replied: There are some, like this friend, who knows and are focused what they want. Then there are others who change their minds midway. And then are others who may have an inkling but they certainly know what their strengths are. Of course, there are those who don't know and inevitably drift along.

So...where are your/my/our sights set towards?

Another thought occurred to me mid-morning: Leadership is Active. Received comment that got me wondering, is hyper-active leadership that delivers but causes high stress still good leadership?

So...what really matters at the end of the day?

I say, it's who's got your heart. Are you thinking Who I'm thinking of?

Been listening to this Starfield song - repeatedly. Love the lyrics and it touches me in a special way.

But you know, today I felt touched by Coldplay's Viva la Vida and Dion-Bocelli's The Prayer.

Ah, the power of music.

No comments: