- Pre-race start, waiting for bro to deposit his bag. Where is he?? Must have gone ahead without me. Here I go.
- 5.30am. Late start. Nice running down Orchard road under christmas lighting.
- Not wearing specs--where are we??
- It's blue everywhere. I see running buddies, couples, a few guys with funny gait...everyone looks young, lean and well, fit for running.
- "those who wait on the LORD...They shall mount up with wings like eagles..."
- Picture eagle soaring. Within.
- Still picturing eagle.
- Ooh, new east coast scenery :)
- Some girl cheers from the side, "Keep going! Keep going!"
- What a silent run in my mind. No song in my jukebox within. Suddenly Captivated starts to play. Followed by Shine Like Stars a la reggae beat, for some distance.
- 13km to go! Last quarter leg to go. Can I clock 4h30m? Keep the pace. Picture eagle.
- I run because I choose to. Not because I have to.
- Throat and nose didn't act up this morning. Quietly thank God under breath.
- Why am I torturing myself? Time to find new pastime...
- Left thigh cramp. Urgh. Help!
- I run because I can. So is this a good idea? I'm running today because He prompted me not to fall out. Definitely God's idea.
- Walk. Jog. Walk. Jog. Walk. Dizzy. Jog. Walk. Dizzy. Shuffle uphill. Yay!
- Final 2km! "I press on!"
- Clocked 5h05m! Sugar low moment--dazed & vision's blurred. Sit down for 5min. Nice race official makes sure I'm ok.
Sunday, December 05, 2010
Thoughts over 5h05m plod
Posted by This is Ed at 3:14 PM