Tuesday, February 14, 2006

For 1 only

Oh alright, enough with the V Day dissing already. Lest people think I'm a sour, dour prematurely-resigned bachelor.

Seriously, being asked repeatedly about my evening plans and seeing people walking around with flower bouquets in hand ain't a great feeling. Even mom's been dropping hints (she remarked how Diana Ser must make a good wife).

Life as a singleton should be great, no? No commitments, no bickering, eating and thinking for 1 only... Yet I know part of me yearns to be in love. Let's just hope tt this forlorn wistfulness won't last beyond tonight.

When women see people looking at them, I wonder what passes through their minds. Is it hope? A heightened sense of self? Feigned disinterest?

No point fathoming them, here's a toast to singlehood in all its glory.

Cheers.

2 comments:

von said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This is Ed said...

It's not abt the day, but the state of being single.