My Room, the bane of all housewives
Oh rainy night, the drops are loud and falling
It is the night of much wine, friends, re-vel-ry...
Feeling rather satisfied right now, must be the wine speaking. T'was good catching up with old friends & (relatively) new girlfriends. T'was an unexpected card that left me smiling :)
Today I'd spent half the day at church, serving at the bookstore. While it was a thoroughly enjoyable session, I went home feeling burdened - mainly by the admin work that was thrust upon me. It has been challenging serving in the bookstore - long hours, dealing with difficult customers, mastering countless procedures that seem to keep evolving etc.
The toughest thing about serving is learning to lean on God - lasting in the ministry certainly takes commitment and dedication to excellence in everything I do. That means leaning on God for joy and strength or else burnout is inevitable. What can I say now...
Me & Uncle Patrick, the BBQ perfectionist
No comments:
Post a Comment