Revelation
Awoke around 5am to realize it was beginning to pour heavily outside. Quickly got up to shut the windows in my bedroom and the kitchen as well when I didn't hear anyone else getting up. Shuffling sleepily back, I slumped back into bed and tried to return to sleep.
Then this thought occurred to me: My moment in life would be when there is a critical need to be met and only I am at the right place and the right time to fulfill this important calling. After all, if I hadn't gotten up to close the windows immediately, the bedroom and kitchen would have gotten drenched. And I could possibly spend my life simply preparing for that grand moment of truth.
While watching Mr Bean's Holiday a couple of weeks ago, I wondered, why wasn't I born a French man, trotting about in a fashionable corporate suit? I could only assure myself that there had to be a reason why I'm here.
So do I already have a ready answer? No. But I do believe something's up God's sleeves.
Meaning
Sian certainly became me after spending much time and energy pushing paper these 2 weeks. Main challenge: learning the art of communication - listening and communicating with people who don't listen.
Reflection
Caught Little Heart Songs with Iv & gf. Was a tad disappointed upon realizing that "nostalgic" really meant old-school, hand-drawn animation and simplistic storytelling to cater to the kids. At least it ended with a catchy and meaningful tune.
One thought: going on a kamikaze mission is something I can't identify with. As I told Iv, I would go to war, doing my darnest to survive as long as possible to increase my usefulness.
No comments:
Post a Comment